Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Favorite Ginger's!

So, I've decided to jump on the badwagon (late, as usual) and start a Ginger blog.

And since everyone lese seems to be doing it, I've included a list of her movies on the side to keep track of the films I've seen. I got the idea of crossing the movies off from Lauren. (Sorry, Lauren - I didn't mean to copy you, but I couldn't think of another easy way to mark them off. I hope you don't mind! If you'd like me to change it, tell me!)

First, I want you all to know that Ginger Rogers is my hands-down favorite actress of all time ever. So this blog is dedicated to her.

I am going to start out by listing my absolute, couldn’t live without, favorite Ginger films…which is pretty much every film! I am going to make it even more difficult by attempting to limit it to five.

Favorite films:

1.
The Major and The Minor (1942)
This movie is pure joy. It has everything a good movie needs: brillant actors, great direction, it's funny, and even has some elements of drama, if you pay attention. It's just an all-around great movie with a bit of everything for everyone.

2.
Swing Time (1936)
There are many reasons for my love of this movie. It was my first Ginger movie, for one thing. I personally, think it is the best Astaire/Rogers film, and it includes my favorite dance, "Never Gonna Dance" and favorite Ginger dress (the Never Gonna Dance dress) in it. One of the best, most entertaining musical films ever.

3.
Vivacious Lady (1938)
For me, films do not come better packaged. It has my favorite actress, favorite actor (James Stewart), and it is just plain hilarious. The fight scene is certainly the best part. :)

4.
I'll be Seeing You (1944)
This movie is just so....sweet. And wonderful. I can't even describe it. Part of it has to do with the actors, Ginger and Joseph Cotten were great together and I don't think it would be as good a film if it weren't for them.

5.
Monkey Business (1952)
This film is just too funny and cute. I love it! Sure, it may not be the best story, (but it is good), it's still one of the funniest movies I've seen.

6.
Carefree (1938)
Alright so I'm breaking the rules. But this is the funniest Fred and Ginger movie, And it gives Ginger the chance to show her brillant talent for comedy. It also boasts The Yam, which is a great dance. And Ginger and Fred being super-adorable. You really can't help but love it.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment